MAN1AC reflects on working with Jay Park & Jessi & what to expect in 2021!

What was is the one thing 2020 has taught you?

I can’t boil it down to just one thing, I feel that I’ve learned so much about everything and everybody around me. Trust nobody, friends come and go, and family time is priceless!! I also learned that being alone sometimes is healing and peaceful once you lose the fear of being alone.

Is there a smaller artist that you have had your eye on recently?

Smaller?  If you mean artists with potential but didn’t get the buzz yet, yes.  That is why kode82 was created. The members you see there are the members I see potential in and of course we plan on expanding.

Other than your own music, who else do you enjoy listening too?

For the record, I don’t enjoy listening to my music once it's out. LOL I enjoy 90'~2000s r&b hip hop. Still listen to pac, biggie. I also dig Meek, tory lanez, drake etc..

What is your favourite song from your discography and what song would you recommend people listen too if they haven’t heard of you?

BlackTear & More than ever




How have you stayed motivated through COVID? What tips would you give to people who have struggled?

I stay motivated through this hard time by telling myself I needed this time. I always wanted to just kick back and rest for a while although a year later I'm ready to get back to working outdoors. 😆lol  But to those who have struggled, I try to make the best of things, I use this period as my production period. Find something productive you can do to upgrade yourself.  I'm always in the lab at home so you can expect a lot more music 2021. 

What is your go-to workout song?

Meek mill Litty  😆



What is one thing you have missed in 2020?

Doing live performances in front of live people

What has been your favourite music video to film?

Possie remix and the reason was because it was my first independent project as far as the MV

Is there anything in the works for a comeback?

Yes, I have a lot of music ready to drop in 2021. We even got Tiger Jk on a track 

What do you have planned for 2021?

Expanding Kode82 and dropping music back to back.

On your ‘Money Makers’ EP which was released in 2018 you collaborated with Jessi & Jay Park? How was that as an experience?

Unlike what people believe, its not like the old dayz where we all get in the studio and create a project together. I created the layout with the producer, and I personally asked Jay for a feat which he hooked up. Then we ran into a few problems with producers and labels on my side which led to the release being delayed for a few years. I personally wish we had released it earlier but all in all it was dope experience.

What motivated you to become a musician?

My father, he was always the backbone of my career. He was a musician (bass player) that gave up his talents to raise his family. And I wouldn’t say gave up because he passed the baton to me.


Thank you very much for MAN1AC taking the time to interview him. Go check out his Instagram and YouTube channel

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Maka Maka on their debut, their message to international fans & CHUNG HA!

Bluelk on Look Back, pH-1 & leaving Vine Entertainment

Chawoo: preparing for a new album and his dream collaboration with Ra.D