J.cob reveals the meaning behind his stage name & what's on his playlist!

Hello J.cob, I’m a huge fan of your work! For people who haven’t heard of you before how would you describe your music?

Thank you for contacting me first and finding me. It may be obvious, but I want to tell someone that my music is music that can be a source of strength and a brief pleasure in life.

I can see you have recently collaborated with Rakiyah, how was that experience?

I was so happy that she contacted me first, and I was happy throughout the work, thankfully, she listened to my verse well, and I think that's why we're all satisfied with the song.

You recently released your new song ‘Pandora’, could you describe what the song means to you?

"Pandora" is a song about Pandora's box, which may not be a good meaning, but it's simply a mysterious box. So I was able to stretch my imagination. I wanted to compare my room to Pandora's box.

Goldskin & Young Won are your label mates, what was the story behind how you met?

I got to know Young Won through the entire company called Bluesy mansion. We became close while working together, and Goldskin was a friend of Young Won, so we played together and talked about serious things, but now we're on a team together.

What themes do you commonly portray in your music?

It may be obvious, but I don't think this world can exist without love. So I've been wanting to talk a lot about love. It will continue to be like that, but I want to find a more different topic.

What was your favourite music video to film?

The music video that I watched the most recently is 6LACK ft. Lil Baby - Know My Rights.

Who would be your ideal collaboration?

I want to collaborate with other underground artists in Korea and international independent artists.

What song from your discography was your favourite to make?

I used to like 'Only' the most, but now I like 'Trust Me' which I worked with Goldskin.

What is the meaning behind your stage name?

I really like the character Jacob Black in the movie Twilight, so I named it J.cob.

At the end of COVID, what is the first thing you are going to do?

I want to travel abroad with NUEVO.

What has COVID taught you, what is one thing you would share to your fans?

I realized the importance of life before COVID. Back then, many people could see it without hesitation, and they didn't have to wear a mask. I miss those days. I can't wait to meet my fans in person.

What songs are currently listening to?

I listen to FRVRFRIDAY's music a lot these days. He is an artist who inspires me these days.

What is something you are aiming to do in 2021?

I want to inspire more people through my songs.

Is there anything planned in terms of a comeback, are there anymore collaborations on the way?

NUEVO's music release will probably start in February. It was hard to find out many things after I left the company that I was affiliated with recently.

I'd just like to thank J.cob for taking this interview with me! You can watch J.cob's latest music video "A Lotta Calling"!







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LIVIN talk producing songs for BoA, EXO & GOT7 and their unique charms!

Maka Maka on their debut, their message to international fans & CHUNG HA!

Fliegen on Crush & Justin Bieber, work ethic & future plans