CIKA talks... corona, inspiration & the future!


Hello CIKA! Feel free to introduce yourself to the planets!


Hello! My name is CIKA and I am 24 years old. HIP-HOP, R&B, I live in Seoul. Did I tell you?


What is the meaning behind your song ‘Sweety’?


It doesn't mean much. It's just a nickname for a love song. I wanted to use a nickname, but HONEY wouldn’t work, because it was a bit funny and old-fashioned.

In the case of DARLING, I think it's too obvious. SWEETY is.. young? I picked it because I felt like ‘this is it’.


What was your favourite part about filming the music video for ‘Sweety’?


The thing I liked the most about SWEETY video… of course I had to do it because it's work-related. It was hard. I don't like to go out and work (haha)

But the best thing was that I was with my friend, POLO. So it was so fun to be with my friends, I liked talking and laughing at the set a lot. 


Other than your music, who else have you been listening too lately?


The song I've been listening to lately is ASAP ROCKY - PRAISE THE LORD, I listen to a lot of band music like ONE OK ROCK, NICKELBACK, MAROON5 as well as TRAVIS SCOTT and ASTRO WORLD.

I still listen to a lot of songs… Ah and I listen to POLO's EP PRIORITY a lot too!


Who would you like to collaborate with in the future?


Well, of course, I want to do TRAVIS SCOTT the most, but I don't think I can do it in the near future. I would want to work with CROWN J, I have been listening to him since I was young. Also, in Korea, I would want to collaborate with JAY PARK. Oh, the QUIETT, too.


What is on your wish list for 2021?


Now that I am an independent, it is easy to make music, but other things are difficult… So if there is a good company, I would want to sign a contract as soon as possible. I hope to hit 1,000 Instagram followers!

And… I hope the corona ends soon.


Have you been watching any series lately, if so what?


The most recent drama I enjoy watching is LUCIFER. The ability to control people's mind and make women like them haha, I want to make a lot of money and live a life like that. Also, I enjoy watching anime.. For example, I watched Naruto and these days I'm watching a Fullmetal Alchemist.


Is there anything planned in the future for a comeback?


The comeback is coming soon because I am getting older... ㅋㅋ Comeback will be pre-released on 12/26 with POLO and it’s a single. We will release two or three project albums, and the first EP album will be released on 1/21. And then I think we'll continue to bring out other themes into our music.


How do you chill out at the end of your day?


I watch a lot of YouTube after work. I like to play games, I listen to music or lie down. Yeah, usually when I rest, I just lie down and watch something. What was the process of you and POLO working together?


What was the process of you and POLO working together?


It's weird to talk about how we got to work with POLO. We've always been friends since we were kids! Living in the same neighborhood. We have similar music tastes. Shall we release an album? It just came up naturally.


Is there any country you want to visit?


If we don't have COVID right now, if I can perform in the U.S, of course I would want to! My hip-hop(that I listen to) is made in the U.S. Also! I want to perform in Japan. If you listen to my EP albums, there are many elements of rock and band music, so I want to do a live concert in Japan. I want to go back to Japan! I went there last year before COVID. It was really fun. SUSHI and SASHIMI's favorite food was really delicious.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LIVIN talk producing songs for BoA, EXO & GOT7 and their unique charms!

Maka Maka on their debut, their message to international fans & CHUNG HA!

Fliegen on Crush & Justin Bieber, work ethic & future plans